Welcome to my laboratory, Disaster Prevention Technology and Policy Research. Since 1981 when I became an educator and researcher at Kyoto University, I have been studying with many excellent students in Kyoto University Civil Engineering School (1981-1990), Gifu University Civil Engineering School (1990-1994), and Kyoto University Disaster Prevention Research Institute (1994-now). As a professor at Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, I have supervised and produced more than 30 PhDs including overseas such as Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Taiwan, Tanzania and Vietnam.
I welcome students and scholars who have strong passion and ability to pursue his/her studies in hydrology, water resources, and disaster management.“Life is short, art is long.” I hope your successful future by hard working and enjoying your time in Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University.
Flood Control Policies
2015/03/05, from 15 to 17, The 2nd GSS Seminar for Business-Academia Partnerships. Mr. Tadayuki Hanamoto: "R&D and IP for GEMBA Innovation" 2015/02/27, from 14 to 16, two invited talks from Professor Joshua Viers, Director of CITRIS at the University of California Merced, under joint organization between Takara Lab and Yamashiki Lab.
Titles: "In the interest of society" and "In drought and deluge"
Lecture room 191, C1, C Cluster, Katsura Campus, Kyoto University
2015/02/19, from 16 to 17, three students of our Lab have Master thesis defense. Katsura Campus, Room C712.
16 to 16.20 - Kurokawa Shota, in front of commision: Takara sensei, Tanaka sensei, Takebayashi sensei
16.20 to 16.40 - Doan Huy Loi, in front of commision: Takara sensei, Tachikawa sensei, Takebayashi sensei
16.40 to 17 - Pham Van Tien, in front of commision: Takara sensei, Kimura sensei, Sumi sensei
2015/02/09 - We had surprise party for Professor Takara for his birthday.
2015/02/04, from 17 to 19, lecture by GSS Adjunct Associate Professor Nabsiah Abdul Wahid within Takara Lab seminars. Title: "Why Malaysian Households Have Intention to Purchase Water Purifier", Room S-519D, Uji campus main building
2015/01/19, from 19, We had New Year Lab party.
2015/01/19, from 13 to 15, lecture by Professor Ismail Abustan within Takara Lab seminars. Title: "Sustainable Development and Green Markets ~ Civil Engineering Prespective", Room S-519D, Uji campus main building
2014/03/25 Workshop, Takara Sensei's 15 years professorship party and Farewell party for Azuma san, Sasaki san, Kurose san, Takii san and Nishimura san. Please see the nice pictures
2. 2013/12/4 Farewell party for Dr. He Bin and Matsuda san. Please see the nice pictures
3. 2013/12/1-3 GCOE-ARS Final symposium at Kihata Hall, DPRI, Kyoto University
2013/12/4 GSS workshop at Rakuyu Kaikan, South of Yoshida Campus, Kyoto University. Please find the activities photos.
4. 2013/10/31 Group photos with Dr. Apip, he was leaving from Takara lab, and back to Research Center for Limnology,LIPI, Indonesia on Nov.1, 2013.
5. 2013/8/23 GCOE-ARS seminar given by Dr. Shreedhar Maskey. PDF file of this seminar can be download from GCOE-ARS hompage or click here.
6. 2013/8/19-21 6th Asia Pacific Association of Hydrology and Water Resources Conference to be held on 19-21 August 2013 in Seoul, South Korea (Takara sensei, Dr. Apip, Dr. Pingping Luo, Josko, Hu Maochuan have joined this conference from Takara lab) Hu Maochuan got the oral presentation award from his session.
7. 2013/7/31 Pingping Luo's paper accepted in Computers & Geosciences (SCI international Journal with Impact Factor 1.83).
Title: Reconstruction assessment of historical land use: a case study in the Kamo River basin, Kyoto, Japan
8. 2013/7/18 Takara lab seminar (Presenters: Xue, Azuma, Vilaysane, Adnan)
9. 2013 Takara Lab Spring Welcome party
10. 2013/06/10 Celia Presentation